Real estate investment is not worth your time. The industry is unpredictable. You will lose money. You’re too young and broke to invest in real estate.
Want to know what all of these statements have in common? They’re MYTHS.
Sure, they sound believable, but they can be easily debunked if you know where to look. Here are the top 3 myths about real estate investment and proof that they’re fake news.
Investing in real estate isn’t profitable
90% of US Dollar Billionaires made their wealth through property investment. How? Because property investment is the best source of passive income.
When you purchase properties to rent out, you are able to easily cover the mortgage and taxes while still having leftover money from the rental income that goes directly into your pocket. You can still profit if you have a property manager- and do none of the work yourself!
Real estate investment is unsafe
I’m oftentimes asked whether real estate investment is good, whether real estate investment is safe, whether real estate investment works- the list could go on.
At the end of the day, it comes down to this: Those who lose in real estate investment are not doing it right. Yes, real estate investment is safe- if you know how to mitigate the risks. In order to ensure you make safe and sound real estate investments, always:
1. Pick a growing location (we’ll talk more about this in next week’s article!)
2. Run the numbers before you invest to avoid being caught off guard by closing costs and taxes
3. Pick tenants strategically to prevent high vacancy rates and poor standing accounts
You have to be old and rich to invest
When you think of a real estate investor, you probably think of the middle-aged white man who has millions in the bank. Right? Well, you’d be wrong. According to the stats, the investor demographic is becoming younger and more diverse.
Lightstone Property’s December newsletter reported that the majority of first-time homeowners are single women.
RealtyShares stated that 20% of millennials believe that real estate is the best-performing investment since 2000.
FNB shared that 44% of property buyers in South Africa are under the age of 40
Real estate investment is hard work. It’s cutthroat. You need to have thick skin. Without determination and drive, you won’t succeed. You get as much back as you put in.
These aren’t myths- they’re facts. Only hard-working, strategic and well-informed investors can make millions doing what they love. But it is possible!
Here are the 4 steps you can take right now to make this your reality:
2. Educate yourself on real estate investment: Our blog has dozens of posts all about real estate investment for beginners. Take a look at some of our most popular articles: The First 5 Steps to Becoming a Real Estate Investor and Real Estate Investing 101: How to Find Investors.
3. Find out what kind of investor you are: Take this free 5-minute survey to find out what kind of investor you are and start getting matched with properties that fit your criteria.
4. Take a course on real estate investment from the pros: Back in September, I hosted South Africa’s largest online real estate investment summit. Dozens of real estate investment experts, PropTech owners, property coaches and property managers hosted sessions on topics ranging from structuring your investment portfolio to building a recession-proof real estate investment business. You can get access to all of those sessions here for only R3038!
2021 can be the year that you break away from your 9-5, find financial freedom and start a career that you’re truly passionate about. I can help! Take one of these easy steps today to jumpstart your investment career in 2021.
If you’re ready to take the next step in your real estate investment journey, I would love to help. I have created a no-nonsense course that can help you go from beginner to profitable real estate investor in the next 90 days. Click HERE to find out more!
Interested in learning about how to invest in real estate with no money down? Grab your copy of my ebook How to Invest in Real Estate with No Money HERE! I am giving it away for FREE! In it, I reveal my proven strategy to building wealth through real estate investment without spending my own money. This strategy includes several of the income streams I created without paying any money down.
So- are you ready to start building wealth through real estate? If the answer is “yes,” then it’s time you followed these steps:
1. Register for my upcoming live stream
2. Download my ebook
3. Join our Program
4. Watch our previous Live Stream on the YouTube Channel.
5. Join our Facebook Community to plug into a mastermind of like-minded individuals.